Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

April 2013 Favorites

I know it's late to do this post, and I never do favorites posts...but still there's always a first time right?

Here are some products I was using quite often in April and most also before that, although I don't do makeup everyday.. It's just BB cream, compact, sometimes Blush, eye kohl, Mascara and lip balm.

So here we go...

Skincare favorites-

1. Nivea Soft Face Cream- I have been using this for almost a year I guess and I am happy and content with this. I have dry to normal skin so this one works just fine with me making my skin soft, being light and non-sticky on my face. I had reviewed this some years back, will review again since I think of differently now.

2. Parachute Advanced Soft Touch Body Lotion (Dry skin)-  I used this first when I had to go on a 5-day college trip and picked a bottle of this since it was the only one which was perfect size for travel (the one above is a big one) and love this then onwards. I like the other variant for Dry skin even more than this. It's just what my skin needs during the winters. So I guess this works rest of the time.

3, Garnier Light 3in1 Fairness Facial- I love this as a face mask, but for a quick glowy and clean face I sometimes use it as a face wash and scrub. Reviewed here.

4. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3in1 Matte Sunblock- I have been using this same tube for a long time so thought of adding this here. I seriously don't know if it has done anything or not..I get tanned anyway! I use it after Nivea soft and it doesn't make my face shiny or oily.

5. Garnier Light Fairness Face Wash- Okay, so I seriously don't believe in the 'fairness' crap in any of the products we get in India. I was bored with my Clean n Clear Face Wash and got this. Its an okay everyday face wash.

6. Kailash Jeevan Cream- I don't know if you guys are aware of this cream or not but I bet lots of Maharashtrian households use this, if not you maybe your grandparents might know this product. It's a great life-saver I tell you, it works for pimples, prickly heat, irritated skin, chapped lips, cracked heels, dry skin, and so on.
If I get a pimple, I slather this up on that spot after cleaning my face and it goes much faster, same with prickly heat. My forehead was bad with prickly heat, this cream healed it..and now my flat smooth and clear forehead is almost back.


Makeup Favorites-

I. Face Products:
1. Lakme Perfect Radiance Compact- Like this a lot, gives great coverage and affordable. Its packaging in changed now and since this was almost over I got the new packaging one.

2. Lakme Rose Powder- Have been using this everday ever since I got this. I need a new one now. Great everyday loose translucent powder. Reviewed here.

3. Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream- Yep, I like it. Not sure whether I love it or just like but I was using this everyday to college. It gives a nice healthy glow and covers up light spots.

4. Just Candy Creamy Conceler- Got this a month or two back just to try, and even though I am skeptical about this brand the concealer is creamy, pigmented and matches my skintone and conceals well.

5. Colorbar Blush Peachy Rose- This is my favorite blush, and still haven't reviewed it crap! You know I am bad with posting reviews on time. But Peach Rose gives a warm and beautiful glow to my face.

6. The Balm's Hot Mama Blush-  Ha! I won this in a giveaway, first time.. And this one is gorgeous and shimmery. It looks great as an eyeshadow!

II. Eyes, Lips and Nails:



1, Maybelline Colossal Kajal- Got this the 3rd time, it's good, affordable and stays on well!

2.Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara- This one is 3rd time too. I like that it is inexpensive and does its work well. Reviewed here.

3. Nivea Olive n Lemon Lip Balm- Use this at night and when I just need something soothing and light on my lips. Reviewed here.

4. Nivea Fruity Shine in Cherry- My cult favorite! I am ignoring other lip balms because of this. Love the deep pink-red tint it gives and of course it fruity scent.

5.  Nivea Fruity Shine in Pink Guava- Pink Guava was my 1st fruity shine and love it too although after I got Cherry I am using this less. But I use both a lot.

6. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eye-liner- Aah..the gel liner! I have used this a lo if not everyday. I still need to improve my speed with gel liner. Stays whole day, comes with a nice brush.

7. Nail Paints- I was loving these nail paints past month, that dark Etude one I loved!


I hope you enjoyed my first Favorites post. Feel free to let me know your favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing comments and replying to them!! Feel free to comment!!